A gate automation kit will typically include:
- An operating motor or a pair of motors
- A gate control panel in a waterproof enclosure
- Radio controls with at least two handsets
- A pair of safety photo-cells
In addition to the gate automation kit, you will generally require:
- Connecting cables
- A bracket to attach the motor to the gate (depending both on the motor and gates).
- Sufficient rack to attach to the gate in the case of sliding gates.
- Extra safety equipment if required for the gates to work safely.
- The gate width
- Exposure of the site to wind as this can affect all types of gates but primarily timber swing gates. You must ensure your motors are powerful enough to handle extreme weather conditions.
- Any restraints or restrictions imposed on the gates by the room around them.
- That the gates will operate safely. There are laws which must be considered.
If in any doubt as to the factors to take into consideration, please do not hesitate to give us a call to discuss your own individual requirements.