Garador produce their doors up to 6m wide. At this width the panels come with wind braces on the back and commercial style rollers are used to cope with the weight of the door
The Garador Georgian Sectional garage door has raised and fielded panels to give it a very traditional look. This look is still one of the most popular. This is because the Garador Georgian Sectional fits well with the architecture of many British homes.
Construction of the Garador Georgian Sectional
The sections of the Garador Georgian Sectional are manufactured as two different types:
- The Garador Georgian Sectional Premium is a 42mm thick insulated garage door. The double steel skin is galvanised and pre-painted. The space between the twin walls is filled with CFC free rigid PU insulating foam. There is also a rubber seal betweeen each section to prevent draughts.
- The Garador Georgian Sectional Classic has single skin galvanised steel sections. The outer skin is strongly bonded onto strengthening profiles on the inside of the door. This bonding not only strengthens the door but also makes the door quieter.
All the steel parts of the Garador Georgian Sectional are galvanised to help prevent corrosion. This also gives the door a very long life. These doors, with recommended maintenance, can last many decades. Parts such as the feet of the frame legs which come into contact with rainwater are tough plastic. The wheels are strong nylon and therefore run smoothly and quietly in the vertical and horizontal tracks. The sections will lift completely clear of the opening along the horizontal tracks. The door requires just 100mm of clear headroom. On smaller doors this is the standard. On larger doors with torsion springs this is still possible with the optional low headroom kit.
Automating the Garador Georgian Sectional
The Garador Georgian Sectional can be a manual or automatic garage door. To make the door manual requires a handle and lock pack and on-site cutting out of the door to install the handle and lock. When the cost of this is taken into account it makes sense to automate the door during installation. Garador have three excellent operators designed for the purpose depending on the size of the door and the features you require. The 9, 10 and the 20.
- Up to 15% improved insulation with Thermoframe
- Automation ready
- Low maintenance
- Door Sections – Made of galvanised steel. Available as Classic (single-skin) and Premium (fully insulated) versions.
- Premium doors are PU-foam insulated (11% CFC-free).
- Bottom door section comes with floor seal.
- Surface – Outside: Woodgrain embossed or Silkgrain smooth steel with painted or foil coated for timber effect. Inside: Pebble texture
- Spring arrangement – All doors up to 3049mm wide come with tension springs as standard and torsion springs available at extra cost. All doors over 3050mm wide come with torsion springs as standard. Low headroom application available at extra cost for all sizes over 3050mm
- Side Frames & Fascia – Sectional doors are designed to be fitted behind the reveals and side frames are supplied in white colour. A single skin fascia can be supplied for coloured or timber effect doors at extra cost.
- Colours – Garador sectional doors can be ordered in almost any colour from the RAL chart. Standard colours are: as shown above. Foil-coated doors available in: Rosewood, Golden Oak, Dark Oak, Night Oak, Titan Metallic. All doors light grey on the inside.
- Handle – Sectional doors are supplied ex works for automatic operation i.e. without handle hole and lock. Factory fitted handle and lock are available with an increased lead time.
- For electrical operation of a garage with no other personnel access an emergency release kit must be fitted.
- Packaging – Sectional garage doors are provided in a palleted format shrink wrapped format for easy handling. Stock availability – Popular size white door are generally available ex stock
The purchaser is granted a warranty covering the safe and reliable function of the Garador garage door for a period of 10 years from the date of purchase. A 5 year warranty applies to springs, wire cables, track rollers, hinges and guide rollers. The warranty period for replacement parts is 6 months or to the end of the current warranty period, whichever is longer.
In the case of foil-coated timber effect and PVC doors, a warranty of 5 years is granted, for timber and GRP doors a warranty of 2 years is granted on the door panels alone under the terms and conditions specified herein. The door mechanism and steel frame (if applicable) is covered by the 10 year warranty period.
Warranty claims are only applicable in the country where the garage door was purchased. The product must have been purchased through our authorised distribution channels. The warranty only covers damage to the contract object. The fully completed warranty card together with the receipt of purchase correspondingly dated substantiates your right to claim under the warranty.
During the warranty period we undertake to rectify any and all defects to the Garador product which can be proved to be attributed to a material or manufacturing fault.
We pledge at our discretion either to exchange the defective merchandise for faultless merchandise, repair it or allow a reduction in price. We do not accept costs for dismantling and installation nor for carriage.
Replaced parts become the property of Garador
Typical lead time 4-8 weeks
Installation available throughout Northwest
Supply only to mainland UK