The ISO45 is the thickest domestic sectional garage door available in the UK market, at 45mm thick it is highly insulating
In recent years the Novoferm ISO 45 Flush has become an increasingly popular contemporary sectional garage door.
Customers who see this door in our showroom rarely fail to be impressed. Whilst the traditional panelled style is still a favourite the flush style is now close behind in terms of popularity.
Construction of the Novoferm ISO 45 Flush
To make the door achieve such high levels of insulation, (heat insulation value K = 0.5 W/m2 K) it is manufactured with a double hot dipped galvanised steel skin. Between the double skin is a 45mm core of PUR, CFC free, rigid foam. This not only insulates the Novoferm ISO 45 Flush, it also gives the door section great strength. The top and bottom of each section is designed to provide finger trap protection from the moving door. The hinges of the Novoferm ISO 45 Flush are similarly designed to ensure that fingers cannot be trapped. On the bottom of the lowest section is a stainless steel extrusion which holds the flexible, frost resistant rubber floor seal. This is designed to exclude draughts on any reasonably level floor. Between each section of the Novoferm ISO 45 flush is a neoprene rubber seal which prevents heat loss between the sections. On the vertical frame legs and the overhead facia are lipped rubber seals. The frame leg feet are stainless steel to prevent corrosion at this vulnerable point which can be in contact with water. All other steel parts are galvanised. Metal parts which are not steel, are cast aluminium. The springs are either above the door or, in the case of limited headroom, at the rear of the horizontal tracks. The springs are carried on a shaft at each end of which are the cable drums. The cables are attached to the door and are wound on the cable drums. In this way the door is counterbalanced.
Automation of the Novoferm ISO 45 Flush
The Novoferm ISO 45 Flush can be a manual or automatic. However; the handle, lock, factory preparation of the door for locking and on site fixing is considerable cost. When this is offset against the cost of an electric operator fitted during installation the difference is not great. Lakes Garage Doors, to ensure conformity with the Machinery Directive Regulations will fit one of the excellent Novoferm operators with the Novoferm ISO 45 Flush. Depending on the size of the door and the layout of your garage; one of these Novoferm electric operators will be more than equal to the task:
- 45mm thick insulated panels
- TUV tested burglar resistance
- Automation ready
- Low maintenence
- Colour matching available
- 10 year warranty
- Sections manfactured from hot dipped galvanised sheet steel double-skin sandwich construction filled with an elastic PUR rigid foam core which is CFC free
- Angular frames guide rails and all moving fitting parts on the garage door are also galvanised
- The base of the frame legs are stainless steel with free drainage to ensure that rust cannot form on the galvanised frame legs over the long term
- High surface stability Construction provides heat and sound insulation and quiet runnng
- Flexible lip seals between the sections prevent heat loss and resists dust and dirt ingress
- Wide lip seals on the side frame provide heat insulation and dirt resistance
- The frost proof floor seal is a rubber profile made of high quality EPDM (ethylene propylene diene monomer) which is known for itts high elasticity weather resistance and long life-span. This gives optimum protection from water and dirt and evens out slight floor uneveness
- Anti-pinch inside and out to ensure that fingers cannot be trapped
- Angular frame interference protector and steel ropes arranged inside
- Maintenance free torsion springs with tested spring break safety feature in accordance with EN12064 ensure that the door is secured from falling in the unlikely event of spring breakage.
- Type iso45 has 45mm thickness of CFC free PUR rigis foam core (heat insulation value K = 0.5 W/m2 K)
All doors are guaranteed against faulty parts and workmanship for a period of 10 years
Typical lead time 4-8 weeks
Installation throughout Northwest England
Supply only to mainland UK