The benefit of this Silvelox garage door is the look of a solid oak door but with the increased strength and stability of an engineered board
Lakes Garage Doors were one of the first UK distributors of Novoferm garage doors and are proud to have, over the years, continued our excellent relationship with Novoferm. The Novoferm ISO 45 Madrid is another fine example from their sectional garage doors range.
Construction of the Novoferm ISO 45 Madrid
The timber sections of the Novoferm ISO 45 Madrid are manufactured using engineered board. The engineered board is a solid board of layers of timber with the grain of the wood laid in opposite directions and bonded together. This gives the ultimate in timber stability and prevents warping and cracking. When treated in accordance with the manufacturers instructions this board can last a lifetime. The traditional raised and fielded panels of the Novoferm ISO 45 Madrid are routered into the engineered board. This makes this one of the most popular of the Novoferm timber sectional doors. The top and bottom of each section is machined to interlock in such a way to ensure that fingers, however small, cannot get trapped. Similarly the hinges joining each section are designed to prevent finger entrapment. The vertical tracks are mounted in angular frame legs which are bracketed to the building. The horizontal tracks are joined to the vertical and are supported by brackets fixed to the walls or ceiling. There are numerous ways that the tracks can be supported. We at Lakes Garage Doors have always overcome problem ceiling configurations. All steel parts are hot dipped galvanised. The feet of the frame legs of the Novoferm ISO 45 Madrid are stainless steel as these are quite likely to sit in water at times. Other metal parts are cast alloy. The seals in the door frame are lipped rubber to prevent draughts. The bottom seal which is held in a stainless steel extrusion is high profile soft, flexible, frost resistant rubber and will prevent draughts on any reasonably level floor.
Electric Operation for the Novoferm ISO 45 Madrid
Novoferm have two superb electric operators for the Novoferm ISO 45 Madrid. The Novoferm Novoport is unique to Novoferm sectional garage doors. The Novoferm Novomatic 553 operator is a general purpose boom type operator which is also ideal for use with the Novoferm ISO 45 Madrid. The door can be manual only operation with the handle and locking option.
- Excellent for insulation
- TUV tested burglar resistance
- Automation ready
- 10 year warranty
- Angular frames guide rails and all moving fitting parts on the garage door are also galvanised
- The base of the frame legs are stainless steel with free drainage to ensure that rust cannot form on the galvanised frame legs over the long term
- High surface stability Construction provides heat and sound insulation and quiet runnng
- Wide lip seals on the side frame provide heat insulation and dirt resistance
- The frost proof floor seal is a rubber profile made of high quality EPDM (ethylene propylene diene monomer) which is known for itts high elasticity weather resistance and long life-span. This gives optimum protection from water and dirt and evens out slight floor uneveness
- Anti-pinch inside and out to ensure that fingers cannot be trapped
- Angular frame interference protector and steel ropes arranged inside
- Maintenance free torsion springs with tested spring break safety feature in accordance with EN12064 ensure that the door is secured from falling in the unlikely event of spring breakage.
All doors are guaranteed against faulty parts and workmanship for a period of 10 years with the exception of the timber panel.
Typical lead time 8-12 weeks
Installation throughout Northwest England
Supply only to mainland UK