The benefit of this Silvelox garage door is the look of a solid oak door but with the increased strength and stability of an engineered board
Silvelox Overlap GEO is a luxury hardwood garage door. The contemporary cross hatch grooves make it one of our most popular models.
Overlap is the world’s first trackless sectional garage door. Unlike traditional sectional garage doors overlap has only 2 sections. It is counter balanced with weights rather than springs. This gives the door a low maintenance, extremely long lasting, lifting mechanism. Silvelox Overlap GEO requires no ceiling tracks whatsoever. Even when automated, the operator is concealed within the head rail leaving a clear space within the garage. This makes it one of the neatest garage doors available.
Multi-ecowood engineered panels, made from okoume hardwood, are built onto a ridged steel box section chassis. This creates the door sections. The GEO pattern is then cut into the face of the panels with a CNC router. The door frame is made from galvanised steel, powder paint coated and, if necessary, clad with timber.
Security and Insulation
These two things with Overlap are key. Silvelox Overlap GEO sections are 75mm thick. Almost twice the thickness of traditional sectional doors. This gives the Silvelox Overlap GEO thermal insulation values as low as U=1.0W/m2k. To cut or break through these thick and robust sections would require specialist equipment. In the case of forced entry, Overlap doors have two mechanical security devices; Silblock and Silhook. Silblock is two spring loaded shoot bolts which engage between the sections to prevent them being forced apart. Silhook are two mechanical locking latches which are operated by the motor. Manually in the event of a power failure.
Woods and Finishes for Silvelox Overlap GEO
GEO is available in a range woods, including oak, veneered onto the okoume panels. The range of standard finishes, which you can see above, include popular RAL colours and stain finishes. It is also possible to have the door painted to any RAL colour or to have a colour or stain matched from your sample.
Bespoke sizing – unlike many garage doors Overlap doors do not work on standard sizing. The door will be purpose made to fit your garage.
If you’d like to know more about the Silvelox Overlap GEO the why not visit our Lancashire based showroom? We have a working Overlap door here for you to see and try. We have samples of the different woods and finishes available..
- Excellent for insulation
- High security
- Integrated automation
- Colour matching available
- Trackless sectional garage door made from two overlapping sections
- Sections made from structural sandwich panels from 75mm thick Multi-ecowood
- Frame made from 2mm thick metal sheet finished similar to anthracite
- Silvelox Silmotion door operator integrated in to the head rail.
- Additional receivers and handsets are available on request.
- Manual doors and garages with no other acess will requie a double handle availabe at a surcharge
- Balancing through double counterweight system
- Bottom and perimeter sealing in EPDM rubber
- Outer side finished with eco-friendly water based products or metal coated
- Inner side similar to RAL 9016 traffic white
- Thermal transmittance U = 1 W/m2K (value obtained for a door without windows and grills with behind wall installation)
- Excellent performance in terms of acoustic insulation and water/wind proofing
In addition to the 2-year legal warranty, Silvelox supports its customers over time offering them an additional coverage period for a total of:
• 10 years on metal parts
• 5 years on duration of the waterproof film applied to wood components and on the metal coating applied to the door panels (excluded dark colours)
In accordance with the recommendations in the Silvelox sale conditions and in the installation and owner’s manual.
Lead time approximately 6-8 weeks
Installation available throughout the North West